I am so grateful for my garden. It's been a rough couple of weeks of unbloggable stuff at Smalltown church but my garden has helped sustain me through the anxiety. On the first day of planting my anxiety got the best of me and I had to have a Garden of Gethsemane moment. I stopped what I was doing, sat on my garden box, put my head down and prayed. A little later on a neighbor was jogged by and saw me. she asked if I was OK, I put up my head and said yes. Then she asked when I last ate and drank, which I told her, then she said she was still concerned. I told her that I was praying and she thought that was cool. What a grace filled reminder that I am never alone.
Peppers and Lettuce
Tomato Plant
Beans and carrots
Cucumbers and Spinach
Even more lettuce





1 comment:
It's like Parker Palmer says, in the woodcarved quote given to me by a member of the Mennonite church I served: "Prayer is the practice of relatedness." By praying in the garden (a time-honoured tradition!) you were binding yourself back into Creation's supportive web, opening yourself to the same Spirit that guides the growth of green things.
Post a Comment