
2. My confessor. Because my cat was more haughty than present, I turned to a neighbor kitty to listen to my secrets. He lived next door yet took over our yard during the summer. When I was an overnight chaplain, I'd come home in the morning and he'd greet me in my yard ready to listen to what I went through the night before.

3. Charlie (aka King Charles), my high school boyfriends cat. He was an orange tabby who stole my heart. He taught me how to give cats the respect they deserve.
4. Crosby, the next door dog and my confessor's roommate. From the moment he met me he fell in love with me. He would get so excited when he saw me that he would leap for joy and then shower me with kisses when I came near.
5. Molly who now takes her place with the communion of Saints
Oh God, you now delight in the presence of a being who was so full of love for all who encountered her. Heaven is a better place now because she is with you. However, help us who are left behind, especially her companion Songbird. Now, there is an empty place in our midst and we miss her. Help us to remember Molly and to keep her love in our hearts forever. Amen.
7 comments:
Amen.
And thank you.
This was a lovely reminder about how the four-footers of others enrich our lives. Thanks.
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for these beautiful words.
I'm sorry for your loss, too.
Amen.
Thinking of dear Athena today, too.
This is so lovely. I'm sorry for your recent loss - it's so hard to lose those four-footed friends who take over our hearts and our lives.
Sorry I'm late visiting. What a great remembrance.
Post a Comment