Saturday, November 29, 2008

In Memoriam

The Queen of Absolutely Everything
May 1990 - November 29, 2008

Today my wonderful cat the queen of absolutely everything has passed from this life to the next. I was the last person she saw as she took her last breath. I sang her "You are my Sunshine" as the vet gave her drugs to go to sleep softly.

I miss her so much, she has made me so happy. She's been through everything with me, marriage, divorce, coming out, girlfriends, finding a partner, a career in finance, a career in ministry, chaplaincy (she hated it when I'd leave in the middle of the night, her ears would flip down every time the beeper went off), parish ministry (she's helped me with all my sermons and was eager to critique). A move across the country etc. etc.

I like to imagine her in heaven now, trying to tell God what to do and then hunkering down on his lap and letting him scratch her ears. She's in a better place now where there is no pain, she is whole and running in her happy scamper towards a beautiful garden.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

May she be at peace, and may you feel God's presence as you grieve. (((G_g)))

Kathryn said...

Love and prayers adn more love.
You were both blessed in one another

Teri said...

oh, friend. holding you in the light with your kitty. (((g_g)))

Bethany said...

May peace and comfort be yours.

Chilly Fingers said...

I am so sorry - I just lost my sweet, sweet dog last month, and I am all too familiar with the loss you feel. I will share one thing with you that my father told me as a little girl. I worried that my cat would die before I did and that animals would not be in heaven. So, I asked my dad about it, and he had a stellar "dad" moment. He said, "I believe that whatever will make you happy will be in heaven, and if that's Kitty, she'll be there." That has been a source of comfort for me, and please know that you are in my prayers.

Jules said...

(((((G-g))))))

Terri said...

oh gosh....I've been through that loss a few times, with beloved cats and dogs...I understand ((G_G)

Sue said...

I'm so very sorry G-g. I've been there a few times with our past beloved kittehs. We moved the ashes of two of them with us to our new home. We still haven't found the right place to have the burial for them.

I pray that she's at peace and that you feel God's peace and presence.

1-4 Grace said...

Many warm hugs from me and kitty snorrgles from Mugs and Mel.
So sorry for your loss and prayers for comfort.

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved cat. Our furry four legged children are often our most faithful friends, and it is hard when they leave us.

Deb said...

((G-g))

I grieve with you - my furry kids are lounging as I type footnotes and I find their presence a reflection of God's many a time.

Peace and love,
and purrs from the furred ones...

Deb

Mary Beth said...

Tears and prayers for you, dear friend.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Oh, G-g, I'm so sorry. Yesterday our son called unable to talk for crying. His little basset hound buddy had been struck by a car and didn't make it. So as I am praying for his hurting heart, I will pray for yours as well. What a sweet liittle face your princess had.

zorra said...

G-g, I am so sorry.
(Did your ears burn this afternoon? DogBlogger and I were talking about you and your sweet kitty.) Love and peace, deep peace to you.