
Songbird writes: For some reason, Blogger declared this blog possible SPAM and locked us down yesterday. This morning, we're free to post again, but there was a fair amount of excitement last night among our contributors, who found a dire notice on their Blogger dashboards threatening that this blog might be deleted in 20 days!We requested a blog review, and I posted a request at the Blogger Help group, where I found we were not alone. Many other perfectly nourishing and cromulent blogs got the same notice last night.This turned out to be a very small barricade in our blogging community life, but it seemed appropriate to explore locks and blocks and other barriers this week. Also, I liked the picture of the security team above! Could they be Blogger's Spam Prevention Robots, working overtime?In honor of their efforts, I bring you the "Lock Me Out, Lock Me In" Friday Five.
1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?
I live in a tee-tiny town so we rarely get blocks in our streets so I didn't get a lot of time to amuse myself, but on those rare occasions (which usually involves snow) I will call someone on my cell phone or update my task list on my PDA. If I am traveling I will put on a good CD and sing my heart away.
2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)
Oh my goodness yes, I am the queen of locking myself out. Thank goodness I have a partner I can call to get her key. Last summer during a really bad rainstorm, the fire alarm went off in our building and I ran out of my apartment with no shoes and no keys and realized that my door to my apartment locks on it's own. A very kind neighbor drove me to my partner's place of employment so I get use her keys to get back in.
3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)
I'm not much of a jumper. In her blog Songbird talks about her love of the movie Chariots of Fire and the scene where this guy who does hurdles puts glasses of champagne on the practice hurdles, his goal is to leap them without spilling a drop. If that was me, I'd drink the champagne and crawl under the hurdle's but still I would not spill a drop of champagne :).
There are so many metaphorical hurdles that I have cleared. It would be hard to pick one for this blog.
4) What's your approach to a mental block?
I use the Vicar of Hogsmeade's method of approaching mental blocks.
5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!
“Come on people now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together try to love one another right now.“
2 comments:
Ah, champagne! It makes all the hurdles seem lower. Or less important!
Yeah, the Vicar's got it all worked out, doesn't she?
Nice caption!
Post a Comment