Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday five - Word association


Think summer......are you there? Below you will find five words or phrases. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem, a memory, a recipe, or a story. You get the idea:


1. rooftop - There was a helipad on the roof of a hospital that I was a chaplain at, they changed it to a "healing pad" when they decided to change the landing place for their helicopter. It was a sanctuary, although it did get hot in the summer.


2. gritty - my sandals, especially after I've been in the garden.


3. hot town (yeah, I know, it's two words) - any town thanks to global warming.


4. night - comes later now that it is summer.


5. dance - don't ever dance at a reception of a wedding that you have officiated. My tee-tiny town is still talking about it and they have pictures. :)
I wish that was me.

5 comments:

zorra said...

Well, I already knew you could dance. They need to get over it!

We actually had dance lessons at our church one year--a lot of us took ballroom and country-western dancing together, at the church. That New Year's Eve a bunch of us were at a party together, admiring how our then-pastor and his wife danced. My Southern Baptist-raised husband said, "Did you ever think you'd belong to a church where the preacher could dance better than you?"

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

LOL! Too late, I already broke all the A of G rules by dancing at every reception I can...hee hee!

Processing Counselor said...

I like "healing pad" !

DogBlogger said...

Yeah, RGBP Dance Party proved your mad skillz. If your little town can't handle it, well, it's their problem.

Anonymous said...

mad skilz indeed - i'll bet they really couldn't have handled the caribbean beat!! wedding reception music is too tame for your skilz!