Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ahoy maties

I am back from the RevGalBlogPal big event. Grace was abound throughout the trip and I basked in the glory of God's love throughout the trip.

I am blogging on the fly but I will write more later. The one thing that this trip has given me was God's love through the care and love of these beautiful women that I met on this cruise. The care and hospitality and genuine unconditional love has transformed me.

I was nervous going to this event because I was going on a cruise ship with people that I only met online. Group events scare the bejesus out of me because I've always felt like the odd person out, on the edge of the group hungering to be in the inner circle. When I get anxious about belonging, I become obnoxiousness, trying to do what I can to steal the center of attention because it is where I feel safe. With this group of women I didn't feel a need to do that. I knew in my heart that I was acceptable just for being me. I didn't need to be "on" or to perform for them to get them to like me. What a blessing!

Thank you wonderful women for showing me your grace and your love. You are all in my heart.

11 comments:

zorra said...

Grace did and does abound. It was good to be with you on such a special journey.

Jules said...

And you are in mine. ((((GG))))

will smama said...

It was a treasure to meet you.

DogBlogger said...

What they all said. It was great meeting you and spending time with you! (((GG)))

Unknown said...

So glad you came!

Ruby said...

I'm so glad you were able to feel loved for yourself. I was so relieved to find you in the airport! Thanks for allaying my fears about entering a group of (mostly) strangers.

mid-life rookie said...

It was great to meet you. Never thought about expecting you to be anyone but who you are. Neither does God. Blessings.

Unknown said...

Yea. I am so glad to hear this for you and for all you that made the BE. Sigh next year.

Mary Beth said...

You ROCK!

Connie said...

I'm still feeling the lido deck. Loved to meet you.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Oh, waht a really wonderful post! I can so relate, and I am so glad you were transformed and blessed.

So sorry I missed it....

:-(