This passage started as a comment on RevDrKate's blog but I decided it needed to be shared with everyone. The big event was so transformative to me. Since I got back I have felt more free, more authentic and less fearful. Things at work are as stressful as ever but I've found that I can still feel joy in the midst of all that trouble. My change in attitude has been noticed by my congregation, more than one person has said I look wonderful since I got back from my retreat.
Since I got off the boat the song that has been running through my mind is "Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)." by Chris Tomlin. These words especially touch me. I have changed a few words in the lyrics to make it more inclusive.
My chains are gone, I've been set free
My God, my Savior has rescued me
And like a flood God's mercy reigns
unending love, amazing grace
My God has promised good to me
God's word my hope secures
God will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.
Because I have felt the love of God through you all on this retreat, I have been set free.
Thank you.
7 comments:
Freedom brings safety, my dear. You are awesome.
So glad it was like this for you.
I"m glad you are feeling more joy and freedom. I'm working to keep that too.
The Word of the Lord...
THANKS BE TO GOD!
GLorious!
That's wonderful!
I'm with you. A deep peaceful rest that is lasting.
Post a Comment