The Friday five is all about moving. I hate hate hate moving. I am more place oriented than a cat. If I could settle into one place and stay put for the rest of my life I would. But God has called me into a vocation that requires picking up and moving where God wants me to be. It's like Jesus came up to me and said, "Put down your nets and follow me." and I say to him, "Ok, if I have to."
1. How many times have you moved? When was the last time?
After college, I moved five times. I have only moved out of state once. Actually the out of state move was my least traumatic.
2. What do you love and hate about moving?
I hate packing, I hate saying goodbye to my neighbors. I love new adventures.
3. Do you do it yourself or hire movers?
Hired movers definitely. Although we did our own packing. However at the next move I want to hire packers as well.
4. Advice for surviving and thriving during a move?
Use moving as an opportunity to get rid of junk. It can be very cleansing to purge that which you don't need.
5. Are you in the middle of any inner moves, if not outer ones?
Yes, I can't really go into details on the blog, but God knows what's going on.
Bonus: Share a piece of music/poetry/film/book that expresses something about what moving means to you.
Billy Joels "Moving out" pretty much describes where I am at in my inner/out move that I am discerning at this time.
9 comments:
Good play!
Sending prayers for courage and clarity your way!
Rev Honey
Wow, great cartoon to go the F.F! You rock!
I guess this one hit home.
Prayers for the inner moving, whatever that might be...love the cartoon.
Billy Joel is fabulous. (And I really, really love the Exploding Dog pic.)
I love that Billy Joel tune.
That is so silly to say that God knows of course she knows.
Great play! Also great song choice...love Billy Joel.
ditto to Billy Joel!
Well played!
Post a Comment