Thursday, April 10, 2008

Art interpretation

Carnival cruises are absolutely lovely. There are many things artistic things all around the ship that delight the eye, such as this...




and this...



and there are things that paint to canvas cannot capture such as this...






However, we get into our rooms and in the corner is an odd little night light kitchy thing that illuminates a rather odd scene. So through my time at the BE I added a spiritual practice of meditating upon and then interpreting the meanings of these pictures.




This was in my room, I call this one "Weird Picasso Chicks on the Beach with a Lizard." I wonder what the woman on the far right is drinking? Can I have some?













Dogblogger and Midlife Rookie had this in their room. I call it marriage counsling by the sea. I think I will wear snorkel equipment and an innertube next time I do a couples counsling session.

and this last one I call what happens when I get off my medication. Description self explanatory.



I hope you enjoyed my meditations. Now onto the sermon illustrations.....

4 comments:

DogBlogger said...

*snickering*

Have fun shopping for your new counseling gear!

*still snickering*

zorra said...

LOL--that was my reaction to the second one, too. There have been times when shields and riot gear would have been more helpful than the snorkel mask, though.

Ruby said...

I'm at work and should.not.laugh.
But I did. mwahhhhaaahhhaa.

Unknown said...

They really were bizarre!