Ho hum, it's my day off but I feel like I have nothing to do. Where I live it is cold and the snow is literally up to my eyeballs. Partner and I have been struggling with boredom for the past few weeks but we didn't know why. We are good at keeping ourselves busy, me working 60 + hours a week and her with her community activities. However when we do get the occasional evening off, or day off we stare at each other and twiddle our thumbs saying what shall we do today?
This Lent has been a season of isolation rather than solitude for me. I am sure that God is trying to tell me something through this time of cabin fever and restlessness. However, all I can feel is an overwhelming yearning for the spring to come so that I can enjoy the outdoors again. I can't wait to get out into my garden, get on my bike, get out on the hiking paths and enjoy God's creation in a more temperate climate.
1 comment:
Welcome home!
It was a joy to get to know you and spend time together. You are amazing and I feel lucky to call you friend.
See you SOON!
Post a Comment