
1. How will you pray and worship today? I am participating in a peace and social justice vigil from 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm. We will meditate on the stations of the cross in the context of what troubles our world today. We will pray for peace.
2. Share a powerful memory or memories of Good Friday past. I went to a Good Friday service at a Catholic Cathedral several years ago. It was a powerful service because it was almost all ritual in its content. The service began with the liturgists taking off their shoes and kissing the ground. At one point a cantor sang over and over again "God oh God why have you forsaken me." Then a huge cross was passed around the congregation. It was an emotional service for me because the elements reached past my head into my heart.
3. How have you grown and experienced God's love during this past Lent? I am struggling with a major unbloggable event. I am anxious, heart broken and scared. However I've had many angels pop up to give me encouragement along the way. God is speaking through them, letting me know that all shall be well. Some of those angels are my RevGalBlogPals. Thank you and God bless you.
4. In whom do you see the face of the suffering Christ most clearly? Me. As I listened to the Tenabrae service last night, I found myself relating to the things that Christ did through the passion story.
5. Where do you find hope for resurrection?Bonus: Share a song, poem, or prayer that makes the paschal mystery come alive for you.
Very truly, I tell you, you will weep and mourn, but the world will rejoice; you will have pain, but your pain will turn into joy. When a woman is in labour, she has pain, because her hour has come. But when her child is born, she no longer remembers the anguish because of the joy of having brought a human being into the world. So you have pain now; but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. On that day you will ask nothing of me. Very truly, I tell you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, he will give it to you. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16: 22-25)
9 comments:
oh
(((((((gg))))))))
as I meditate thru this day...
I will keep you and your situation held close to the heart of Christ.
Yea, me too, with the unblogable.
So sorry about the ____ stuff. Sometimes it joyous when our lives coincide with liturgical ones, and other times, not so much. What grace that you are experiencing God's presence through others, and that the events of this season/weekend hold meaning for you and can penetrate your anguish. Prayers for you in the midst of your ordeal, and especially that all will be well.
(((gg)))). I am sorry for whatever is happening. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry to hear of your suffering.
I am glad that you can know Christ in you and with you as you walk through it....May you feel his tender embrace strengthening and consoling you and making the way forward.
((gg))
(((gg)))
Still praying.
See you soon.
Love you. Hugging you.
thanks for writing "me"
I suppose I didn't dare - and I do so understand about "unbloggable events"
Take care ...
Keeping you in prayer on the close stuff.
Post a Comment