Sung to the tune of You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling. (Thank you to Cheesehead for the inspiration)
You never close your eyes anymore when you pray your prayers.
And there's no devotedness like before as your soul despairs.
You're trying hard not to show it, (Pastor).
But Pastor, Pastor I know it...
You've lost that lenten' feeling,
Whoa, that lenten' feeling,
You've lost that lenten' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh.
Now there's a weary look in your eyes
as you eat your midweek soup.
And now your parishioners criticize the things you do.
It makes me just feel like crying, (Pastor).
'Cause Pastor, Christ our Savior is dying.
You lost that lenten' feeling,
Whoa, that lenten' feeling,
You've lost that lenten' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...woooooah
Pastor, Pastor, you get down on your knees for hours.
If you would only love lent like you used to do, yeah.
You had some time...some time...some time you just can’t find today.
So don't...don't...don't...don't let it slip away.
Pastor (Pastor), Pastor (Pastor),
I beg of you please...please,
I’ll pray for you (I’ll pray for you),
You need my prayers (You need my prayers),
So bring it on back (So bring it on back),
Bring it on back (so bring it on back).
Bring back that lenten' feeling,
Whoa, that lenten' feeling
Bring back that lenten' feeling,
'Cause it's gone...gone...gone,and you can't go on,
noooo...
Bring back that lenten' feeling,
Whoa, that lenten' feeling
Bring back that lenten' feeling,'Cause it's gone...gone...
15 comments:
Sa-weet!
whoa whoa whoa!
I'm singin' with you, can you tell?
ROFL!
ha!
just what I needed today!
If you go to hell for this, then I will be right behind you for laughing.
Love it!!!!!!
whoa woe woe woe!!!
lol
deb
Oh, that is just too great! Thanks for the laugh this snowy day!
Oh oh oh! Bwhahaha!
This is the best religious song re-write since "What a Friend We Have in Cheez-Whiz."
Thanks for daring...and even more for sharing!
You made me laugh!
Hot dogs will be hidden in the most unlikely of places.
I am so glad we can all still laugh!
this is HILARIOUS!!!
thank you so much.
You are very smart with telemarketers. Act weird and they don't call back.
Good one.
Also, play the lesbian card trick is so excellent.
Now i am all ready if they should call again.
Are you kidding...I am sure that Jesus is singing harmony in the chorus. This is awesome!
Post a Comment