Saturday, November 14, 2009

Getting out from under


It's been a long time since I blogged. The "debacle" as partner and I like to refer to the incident a month ago was very hard and I am still recovering from the blow. There have been some other life events that my partner and I are recovering from as well.
However this morning when I woke up, I realized I was not depressed. This is huge because for the last month I've been barely able to get out of bed because of the bone crushing depression I've been struggling with in these last days. So I began my day with re-arranging my nightstand. I got caught up on my friend's blogs and realized that I needed to catch up on my own.


In the midst of this dark month of the soul I have been blessed with many moments of grace these last few weeks as shown to me especially from my friends. Thank you thank you thank you. You all know who you are and know that I carry you in my heart always.

A little fun stuff, I got to visit the CowGaels in Tir na Blog. MaineCelt and I are pirates at heart and as we plotted our journey to the high seas, I got to meet her partner the Piper, her cows, her chickens and her border collie. Here's some pictures.




"we're not looking at you...we're still not looking at you."



"Welcome to my humble home...would you like a spot of tea."



"Look into my eye...you are getting sleepy...very sleepy..."



RevGalBlogPal still life with electronic fence and leaves.

6 comments:

Terri said...

glad you are feeling a little better this day. I have good day now and then...and really appreciate them when I do. Continued prayers for you.

Anonymous said...

a good day is an answer to prayers... may there be many more to follow - lymi sista!

zorra said...

((G_G))
May tomorrow be even better. Grace and peace.

Unknown said...

What a fun "field trip!"

1-4 Grace said...

Good to know you are doing better. It takes time. God, does it take TIME!
The sting and hurt and pain from people who you have trusted is horrendous. It has taken me a while to trust folks again and I am still not sure I want to be a associate pastor. The SP was one ofthe main ones who caused the most pain. It is such an important relationship and when you put yourself out there so much, it is a terrible break.
Thanks for the shared pics! Love them

MaineCelt said...

Woo-hooooo! Clergywoman Pirates RULE! (I'm still thinking about what I want on my pirate flag...)

Thank you so much for the visit. It was wonderful to get ourselves both re-tuned to the "appropriate technology" of tea mugs and pasture fences instead of Little Black Blinky Boxes. Sinking my roots into this land has helped me heal-- glad you felt some of that too.