I had a candidating sermon last weekend.
The church was ill prepared on calling an openly gay candidate.
The faction who didn't want change was organized. They sat together in the back of the church during the serivce. Glared at me the whole time, glared at my partner too.
The vote was not in my favor. Fear won over good.
I am devastated. Oh God Oh God why have you abandoned me.
22 comments:
Oh GodGuurrl... I am so, so sorry to hear this. What ugliness.
You remain in my prayers. Much love to you.
I am soooo sorry. I do think, though, that it is the people who have abandoned you, not God. I think God weeps this day with you. And, I do too. ((G_G)
I'm with Mompriest. These people behaved in the worst way, but God is with you, always. (I might want to ask about the wisdom of the denominational people involved, though.)
fear indicates a lack of faith... remember the people afraid in hte verses right before the Gospel this last week? I pondered that a lot last week. love you - really mean it. sorry for the fearful people.
This breaks my heart for you and for her. I am so sorry that people are so cruel...especially within the Church.
I think God saved you from having to be at that Church.
~gases up the Texas Towncar of Justice~
I totally agree with mompriest and Songbird, and I also think about how much resistance and frustration, and hurt, you would have had to face there if you had gotten the vote, but just barely. I am so sorry that y'all had to go through this. Love you and am praying for the RIGHT call where your gifts will be recognized and you and your partner will be welcomed and valued.
This breaks my heart. Truly.
I agree with Zorra and Princess...perhaps it was a saving measure from God. Still horribly unjust and ugly, and I am so sorry for you. This makes me have another crack in my heart for the awful ways that our churches can behave and fail to BE church in the world.
Prayers for you.
Godgurrl, I'm so sorry you had to experience this. Hugs and prayers for you!
(((GG)))
Calling shotgun in the TTCoJ with Mindy. (For the uninitiated, that just means I get to sit in the front seat next to the Princess herself!)
Love to you G_G, always, and plenty of hugs.
oh g_g - so sorry. so very very very sorry. God is with you.
I'm so sorry; it is painful to see people so unwilling to listen to the Spirit.
I am so so sorry. One might think that if you are in a denomination that ordains GLBT folks that churches would be open to calling you.
I am devastated for you! This whole thing makes me really angry.
But in the end, it is just like the church in Alabama which fired me, their loss, not yours.
Truly, if this committee was true representaion of the congregation, you don't want to go there.
Still I am sad for you.
I get backseat, left side in the TTCoJ!!!!!
Woot-who, you don't wanna make clergy girls and criminal justice girls mad.
(((((GG)))))
so so so sorry.
GRR.
(((g_g)))
<3
This sucks ... BUT ... look at this way - better for the phobia to be on the table and in the open, then to have it hidden away ...
The Spirit WILL prevail ... the Winds of Change ARE blowing ... and the Will of the Living God shall not be thwarted by small minded, and smaller hearted people ... one day the power of the resurrection WILL blow the fear away and the Church will be better and stronger for it ...
God has NOT abandoned you in this ... God is standing with you saying - "my child, this is NOT my will ..."
I've experienced the rejection and pettiness of the "church" ... sadly too many fail to graps the depth of fear, anger and hurt such moments embody and the leadership of our churches foolishly tell people "wait" ...
You are most certainly in God's hands ... trust in THAT ... change is coming !!
I am so sorry to hear all of this fear amassing near you! THere is still greater light to be shone in your world and it will come! Praying for light to shine on your world.
Still praying here and hoping you are okay.
Post a Comment