Fellow Revgal Jan shares this poem on the blogpal website
The Cure
Lying around all day
with some strange new deep blue
weekend funk, I'm not really asleep
when my sister callsto say she's just hung up
from talking with Aunt Bertha
who is 89 and ill but managing
to take care of Uncle Frank
who is completely bed ridden.
Aunt Bert says
it's snowing there in Arkansas,
on Catfish Lane, and she hasn't been
able to walk out to their mailbox.
She's been suffering
from a bad case of the mulleygrubs.
The cure for the mulleygrubs,
she tells my sister,is to get up and bake a cake.
If that doesn't do it, put on a red dress.
So this Friday before Thanksgiving, think about Aunt Bert and how she'll celebrate Thanksgiving! And how about YOU?
1. What is your cure for the "mulleygrubs"? I've been suffering from the "mulleygrubs" quite a bit this month, read my blog posts to find out why. I like to listen to music and talk to friends when I'm feeling blue. Sometimes I'll fix my computer or other things around the house so I can enjoy a sense of accomplishment. I'll eat lots of french fries with mayonaise and other forms of comfort food.
2. Where will you be for Thanksgiving?
I'll be at my partner's friend's. She and her husband just bought a house and so they are having a big thanksgiving blow out with family and friends. I am looking forward to this!
3. What foods will be served? Which are traditional for your family?
Turkey, mashed potatoes all the fixings. We will be bringing my family's traditional cranberry salad with marshmellows and walnuts.
4. How do you feel about Thanksgiving as a holiday?
Love Thanksgiving because we get to eat turkey. I so love turkey
5. In this season of Thanksgiving, what are you grateful for?
See the above answer.
3 comments:
Well, and catching up, I realize you are also thankful for your data recovery! Have a fine Thanksgiving and eat lots of yummy turkey!
wishing you a great thanksgiving with lots of turkey...thinking of you often, and holding you in prayer...there's a lot of us in this situation - small comfort, but still true.
How do y'all fix the turkey?
Our tradition is to roast in the oven until it is very,very dry(note sarcasm), but lately it is a big deal to deep fry the suckers with an injection in the rear of cajun stuff.
That is pretty tasty. Also, the cranberry stuff sounds yummy!
I am making a pie that was in Southern Living (a magazine that every Southern Belle should read).
It has ginger in it(uh, that would be the pie, not the magazine!).
I am silly tonight!
Post a Comment