
I feel strangely sad this morning as news reports continuously stream across my TV and my computer of Michael Jackson's death. He is an icon for people of my generation. In high school my friends and I had the album Thriller and played it at every party. Several of us learned how to moon walk so we could dance like him.
Yes he was a troubled man, he made a lot of mistakes, his actions have hurt a lot of people including himself. However today I'd like to remember the Michael whose gifts made us so happy as teenagers and even into adulthood. When I was going through a really tough time in my life, I had a copy of the video "Black or White" and watched it over and over again because it gave me inspiration to keep going. Click here to see it.
Yes he was a troubled man, he made a lot of mistakes, his actions have hurt a lot of people including himself. However today I'd like to remember the Michael whose gifts made us so happy as teenagers and even into adulthood. When I was going through a really tough time in my life, I had a copy of the video "Black or White" and watched it over and over again because it gave me inspiration to keep going. Click here to see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment