This is quite a conundrum. I don't want to expose to much of myself out here yet I also want to be in community out here in the web. I have a unique ministry and if I talk too much about it my secret identity will be revealed. My counselor thinks that it is a bad idea to blog, that somehow I'll get in trouble with something I might say on this blog, however I long for a community of like minded women. So if anyone reading this is a fellow blogger, how do you deal with the "what to blog?" dilema.
2 comments:
It is a quandry, I agree....Being hopeless at anonymity, I've blogged very identifiably as myself for the nearly 4 years of my curacy and, as far as I can tell (in that nobody has complained about anything I've written)have managed to write honestly but with a clear sense that anyone might be reading, including members of my congregation. I've hugely valued the space to think aloud, the feed back and support from other women in ministry and all sorts of other exciting places, and cannot imagine, truly, how I managed in pre blog days. Having said that, I'm moving jobs just after The Big Event and am wondering whether as the priest in charge I might be better advised not to continue with a public blog...I'm really uncertain, - but the one thing I do is to imagine members of my church council sitting behind the monitor as I type...if I don't mind THEM reading, then I'm hopefully safe with my content.
I agree with Kathryn. I also think that there is never real anonyminity (sp?) anonymousness (is that a word) on the web. So, I keep that in mind when I write.
Good luck and welcome to RGBP!
Post a Comment