Thursday, January 31, 2008

Brittany Spears and other rants

My heart goes out to Brittany and the Spears family. This morning I was watching the news and all they could talk about was Brittany being sent to the hospital. I started yelling at the TV "Please leave her alone!!!!!!!" It disgusts me that her problems are adding a 100 million boost to our economy. Come on.

When I was ordained I chose the 1 Cor. 13 to be read because it eloquently states how I go about my life in the mission of loving my neighbor as I love myself. This includes "love does not delight in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth."

Come on people, there are people dying on our streets. We are in the middle of an unjust war. Our economy has tanked. Our enviroment is being destroyed by us. Can't we stop obsessing about a celebratie's breakdown and put our energy towards solving the world's problems.