
What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why?
I just finished the Kite Runner and that book has really stuck with me. It is an incredible story about a friendship between two boys with the backdrop of the political situation of Afghanistan since the 1980's. The theme of redemption and grace is what really struck me.
What is one of your favorite childhood books?
The Anne of Green Gables series. I still own the series that I recieved as a gift from when I was 12 or 13. She was and still is an inspiration to me. A girl who overcame her issues of abandenment and not fitting in to spark transformation for herself and those who know her.
Do you have a favorite book of the Bible? Do tell!
The book of Esther is my all time Bible fav. A woman who is put in the right place at the right time by the will of God.
What is one book you could read again and again?Southern Discomfort by Rita Mae Brown. So much going on in such a little town. That book is laugh out loud funny. I saw the author at a book signing and I asked her how she could keep so many story lines simultaniously in one book she said, "That's just life in the South honey."
Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why?
"Calmly Plotting the Resurrection." by Donna Schaper. I am reading it because it is all about gardening and I can't wait to start my garden again in the spring.
7 comments:
I never read Anne of Green Gables, but I was a big Laura Ingalls Wilder fan.
I mentioned Anne too - I loved those books and still do. Just re-read the whole series last year.
Well played!
I love the Anne of Green Gables books. One year my parents went to Prince Edward Island and they visited the Anne museum. They brought home a doll for my daughter who was not yet a fan of Anne. She later cut Anne's pigtails. So much for being a treasured heirloom!
More for my list, although I have read some of Rita May, the earlier ones and her poetry.
What an interesting garden book for Lent!!
I didn't get around to reading the Anne series until I was an adult, selling children's books. Loved them! Couldn't wait to have a daughter with whom to share them.
My answers would be the same to the first three questions!!! Which means, I need to check out the books you mention in questions 4 and 5 because you have great taste! :)
Post a Comment