Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Garden Blogging Update - First Day of Summer

Yeah!!!!  It is the first day of summer and the garden is doing great.  Hopefully it will keep up through the season.  We've had a hot spell in the last week and the garden loved it.  With daily watering, a bit of fertilizer and lots of love here is how my garden is growing thus far.The Cucumbers are struggling, I started them inside and when I planted them, they were "shocked by the outside environment, especially the heat wave.  I thought they were goners but then I fertilized them and they seemed to have revitalized. 

I am very pleased with the tomato plants.  A friend gave me six seedlings and I've added four of my own.  Hopefully this will yield a good crop. 


The lettuce should be ready to harvest in a week.  Yummy!

A marigold getting ready to bloom.

Teh green onions.  Very happy with their development.

Hot peppers.

Cosmos.

Carrots

Herbs and Lettuce.

The herb Basil up close and personal.

Swiss Chard

Lil' guy in repose with disembodied hand and dresser.

2 comments:

kathrynzj said...

Wow, that looks wonderful!

MaineCelt said...

You GO, Garden Grrrl! I love the basil especially...ever since I learned in seminary about the Greek term for the Kingdom of God! Did you know there's a variety used in East Indian cooking/medicine that's called "Holy Basil" or "Sacred Basil?" I think we should scatter THOSE seeds EVERYwhere!!!