I had an epiphany today. Today for the children's sermon I gave the congregation a top ten list of why one should go to church on Sunday. The thing I forgot, which I believe is the most important thing is that being a part of a faith community changes lives.
Two years ago I went on a cruise with fellow clergy bloggers and that changed my life. For the first time I realized through being in this community that I was love-able, acceptable and I could let go of the overwhelming baggage of shame that I have carried around all of my life. Isn't that what church is all about, knowing that God loves you just as you are through the care and love of a community of faith. Since the cruise I've been able to face a couple of hard situations knowing deep down in my heart that I was Ok, that I was loved by God, and I was held in the prayers of my fellow women of faith.
This is what church is all about, transforming lives through the love of Christ.
4 comments:
Amen.
Yup. Absolutely.
Amen indeed.
Amen indeed.
Post a Comment