Sunday, July 5, 2009

Melancholy Sunday Morning

Sunday mornings before church used to be a time of excitement and anticipation. I'd be crafting a pastoral prayer or doing the final touches on my sermon if I was preaching. I'd wonder at what I was going to wear. I'd thank God for the privilige of leading yet another service.

This morning being an out of work pastor I woke up melancholy. I love being a pastor so much that the though of endless Sundays not leading worship depresses me. I'm contemplating going to a worship service today, but I am having a hard time just being in the pews rather than being up front.

No hot prospects on a call...settled or interim at this time. Where God do you want me to preach your word and preside over your Eucherist. Why aren't you throwing me a friggin' bone for your sake.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you, my friend.

Terri said...

sigh....yes. prayers continue.

kathrynzj said...

Guest preacher today preached 'Why God Makes Us Wait'. I wish I could say there was something from it that I thought would help but they are all platitudes that we fully embrace in hindsight. Not while we are in the waiting room.

Prayers ascending...

1-4 Grace said...

(god guurl)
Hugs and prayers my friend!

revkjarla said...

big sigh.
prayers for bones and for your heart and soul.
((((GG)))))