I've noticed something on my vacation. The place that I consider home is different than it was two years ago. When I first moved to the East coast from the Midwest I was homesick a lot. I longed for the place that I left. Now I consider the East coast my home and when I was on vacation in the Midwest, I realized that the hole that I left behind was filled and that my new place is where God has called me to be as a church pastor where I am at now.
Yesterday was my first day back from vacation. It was challenging to transition to work mode in the public forum of worship but it was good. As I looked out into the congregation I knew I was home.
2 comments:
nice realization that you are where you're supposed to be
Hi.
Keep seeing your posts on St Cass's blog. I think you have been by mine a few time also.
Just thought I'd drop by and say hello.
Glad you have found home and hope all went well on your week back. My week back began with a day of woship and then a day off (today/ Labor Day) and then a day back...
Not sure how my body will respond, but spirit is willing!
look forward to reading more
Post a Comment