Saturday, October 6, 2007

First Blog


Hello and welcome to my blog. This is my first time blogging and so my writing might be a bit clumsy. I've recently moved across the United States to pursue a pastorate and lots of my friends encouraged me to write a blog so that they can keep tabs on me. At first I was hesitant, I am not one to broadcast my private life and blogging seems a bit too vulnerable to me. However, I have seen some terrific blogs on the internet from fellow female clergy and have been impressed with what they have written. I also visit http://revgalblogpals.blogspot.com/ daily and I've really enjoyed the blogs that are part of their webring.



So here it goes....hold on tight folks it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

8 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Look forward to reading you here.

Althea N. Agape said...

you gotta start somewhere! I know exactly what you mean about being private and going public. Best wishes on this new endeavor -- keep up with old friends and make lots of new!

Muthah+ said...

Atta gurrl. Blogs don't have to be intimate. They just need to be truthful--they can even be fiction as long as they tell truths of what it means to be human and incarnate.

Welcome

will smama said...

A picture on your very first post - IMPRESSIVE!!!

Teri said...

welcome to blogging! Have fun! :-) I look forward to reading about your various adventures....

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogging!!

RevAnne said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I just started blogging in January and I have 3 (4 if you count the one I haven't updated since the first week but don't have the heart to delete). I love it, hope you do too!

PeaceBang said...

Here, have a martini, babe.

Two things:

1. Not only are blogs not private, be careful because you COULD wind up on television and the radio and stuff. It happens to some of us!
2. If you write anything worth reading, you'll have the occasional hostile jerk sprinkled in with all the great folks who won't abuse and attack you for having such a thing as an opinion.

Mazel tov!