Saturday, December 26, 2009

Feline Caused Sleep Deprivation

Beloved partner and I had a lovely Christmas which included spoiling our newest member of the family Little Guy. By far is favorite toy was the catnip mouse that beloved found in the local pet store
Come here little boy, would you like some kitty drugs.


Little guy played with the mouse with such glee. Then he discovered how to play fetch with the mouse. I'd throw the mouse into the kitchen, he'd chase after it, put it in his mouth and run back to me. Then I'd tell him what a good boy he was petting him and fawning over him. Then I'd throw it again, he'd bring it back to me, I'd give him attention etc. After a half an hour of doing this, Little Guy and I got tired and went to bed.



Then at 1:00 am in the morning, in a nocturnal fit that only catnip can cause, Little Guy decided he wanted to play fetch. So he got little mousy in his mouth, jumped on the bed and dropped it on my face, waking me out of a sound sleep. I woke with a yelp, waking up beloved partner. She asked what was wrong as I looked all around me. I found Little Guy was inches from my nose, pointing at his toy and meowing.



I told him I wasn't going to play and I put his toy on the floor. He grabbed his toy and jumped on the bed with it and meowed. I put it on the floor, he got it and jumped on the bed. I decided to keep it on the bed. He decided to bat it around the bed. etc. etc. And so it went for the rest of the night into the morning.


Aaaaaah the joys of kitteh parenthood.

Throw it again mommy, throw it again!!!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet! (Though I'm sorry he disturbed your sleep.)

Terri said...

Little Guy needs to learn that we put our toys away at night and sleep...well, except cats are nocturnal beings...sigh...

Althea N. Agape said...

I was blessed in that our new little guy (12 weeks old now, rescued from outside 3 weeks ago) let me sleep till 7 this morning before washing my face for me. he hasn't grasped fetch yet, but he loves his little catnip mouse. now if only he could get his older sisters (15 and 13 years old) to PLAY! He does keep trying. They're finding all the high perches.....

Sue said...

Sorry, but I laughed through that one. It probably was not funny at the time, but oh so sweet.

One of our cats LOVES to play at night. She does so with not only the Thundering-Herd-Of-Elephants run that only an 8 lb cat can accomplish (how she does it remains a mystery) but also with loud howling.

Yup. Good times... :)