Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Oh yes we did....


Great day in the morning everybody. For the first time in eight years I am proud to be an American. For the first time in eight years I have hope for my country. For the first time in eight years I believe in the goodness of my fellow citizens.


Four years ago when Bush was re-elected I was ready to move to Canada. The media reported that Americans voted on family values, immigration and the war on terror. As a woman who is a lesbian and whose parents are immigrants, I felt that my kind was no longer welcome in America. Thank God I didn't leave.


Last night I prayed thanksgiving to God for the continual in breaking of God's kingdom on Earth. Yes God was always working in our history to make things right for all of God's creation, even during the Bush administration (bleh). But now the work will be greater, stronger and far reaching. Justice will roll down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream!


I thought about Martin Luther King Jr's. last sermon. Like Moses, he didn't make it to the promised land but he had seen it from the Mountain top. I can't help thinking that Barack is our Joshua, ready to lead us into the promised land.

No comments: