Every once in a while a preacher gets the opportunity to preach a sermon that speaks so clearly to the struggles of a congregation. It's as if the Holy Spirit comes rushing into your head and says, "Here, this is what they need to hear!" I preached one of those kind of sermons this morning. I began with a personal testimony about my experience of the gospel reading and then I tied it into the church's experience. I was so scared that I was literally shaking as I walked up to the pulpit. I was laying myself out to the congregation and putting myself out there with my testimony and then I was going to gently push them to change their thinking about some very troubling matters in the church.
The congregation was so quiet during my sermon that you could have heard a pin drop. After the worship service I was overwhelmed by the positive response to my sermon. I had so many people thank me for preaching what the congregation needed to hear. I am honored by the opportunity that God has given me to share the good news of God's grace and love for this church. I also know that God is saying to me, "Well done, good and faithful servant."
3 comments:
(o)
Woo hoo! Yay for God (and you)!
Well, that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment